• RUBDOWN - Dennis Hensley's sexy short continues to screen at festivals. Upcoming fests include Long Beach Q Festival (October 10), Reeling 2010: The 29th Chicago Lesbian & Gay International Film Festival, (November 4-13) and 2010 Indianapolis LGBT Film Festival (November 12-14).
• PRETTY - Season One of Steve Silverman's award-winning web hit will screen Long Beach Q Festival (October 10). Season Two is in production as I type this, with a scheduled November 1 premiere date. Look for a teaser and trailer soon.
• THE MIKADO PROJECT - Chil Kong's gleeful Gilbert & Sullivan musical-comedy continues to screen at festivals. Next up: 2010 Asian Pacific American Film Festival in Washington, DC (October 8)
• QWERTY - Chil Kong's sexy office comedy is in post-production. More exciting news soon.
• SOCKET 2 - A sequel to Sean Abley's sci-fi thriller is in development as we continue to talk to possible production partners.
• WILDCAT ROAD - It may be on the back-burner, but WILDCAT ROAD is never off the map.
• STRANGE RELATIONS - After some amazing feedback from various sources, a new draft of the screenplay is in progress.
• Our most current co-production, QWERTY, an outrageous office comedy from director Chil Kong has just wrapped production. More news on this soon.
• RUBDOWN, a new short by Dennis Hensley premieres at Frameline34 in San Francisco on June 19. More festival dates to be announced soon.
• PRETTY continues to gain more fans and viewers online, as we and Steve Silverman prepare a second sweet and scandalous season and screen at festivals like the LA Comedy Festival where it was named a BEST IN THE FEST winner!
• Chil Kong's THE MIKADO PROJECT had a gala world premiere screening recently at the Los Angeles Asian Pacific Film Festival with more festival screenings to be announced soon.
• THE DEFENDERS by Keith Hartman has had over 85,000 views on YouTube and will screen at several film festivals including Philadelphia QFest.
• Dennis Hensley's REUNION recently screened at the San Diego FilmOut and can be seen on Logo's website.
• SCREENING PARTY can now be seen in 4 segments on YouTube.
• SOCKET continues to gain a cult following as we await the go-ahead on the long-awaited sequel.
The Mikado, one of the most beloved comedy operas by legendary collaborators, Arthur Sullivan and W.S. Gilbert, first opened on stage in 1885 in London . The story was set in Japan (considered an exotic land to the British during that era) which allowed Gilbert & Sullivan to satirize British politics. However, by doing so, Asians around the world and Asian Americans today have found this opera hard to embrace—making the notion of Asian American actors performing The Mikado controversial and palatable only through a comedic reconstruction.
With new hip-hopera versions of the Gilbert & Sullivan’s original compositions and dance numbers choreographed by members of the dance troupes, Kaba Modern and Jabbawockeez, from MTV's AMERICA'S BEST DANCE CREW, this is not your grandma's Mikado.
The talented cast includes Raymond J. Lee (from Broadway's Mamma Mia), Allen Liu (Broadway's Flower Drum Song), Rizwan Manji (Charlie Wilson's War), David Lee McInnis (Never Forever), Gerald McCullouch (CSI, Law and Order, NCIS), Erin Quill (Screening Party, Broadway's Avenue Q), Freda Foh Shen (Primal Doubt, Red Doors), Yui Tag (America’s Best Dance Crew), Tamlyn Tomita (Tekken, The Eye) and Ryun Yu (Kissing Cousins).
For more information on THE MIKADO PROJECT and how to purchase tickets, visit www.themikadoproject.com
prettytheseries.com. Check it out! And then visit DOUGSPLOITATION to read interviews with the cast!
Sam Pancake as Michael,
Stacy McQueen as Annette,
Dee Freeman as Ribina,
Terri Simmons as Parker,
Michael Taylor Gary as Royce,
More great PRETTY news is on the way!
PRETTY stars Sam Pancake, Stacy McQueen and Terri Simmons (along with series creator Steve Silverman) apppeared on the KTLA MORNING NEWS this morning and yours truly was there to dress the set and make sure that someone mentioned "prettytheseries.com"
Reporter Allie Mac Kay was an absolute joy to meet and to spend the early-morning hours with.
To view the three hilarious segments visit Allie's KTLA Page.
There's an awesome in-depth 6-page article on the making of SOCKET in the new issue of Scarlet magazine. This special "horror that dare not speak it's name" issue also looks at the lesbian classic VAMPYROS LESBOS and has an interview with popular genre film actor Joe Zaso. You can find Scarlet wherever fine film magazines are sold.
Premiering February 1 at prettytheseries.com
CAST (in order of appearance)
Sam Pancake as "Michael Champagne"
Stacy McQueen as "Annette Champagne"
Dee Freeman as "Ribina Champagne"
Troy Conrad as "Ethan Champagne"
Terri Simmons as "Parker Kensington-Parker"
Michael Taylor Gray as "Royce Adams"
PRODUCTION & CREW
Steve Silverman - Writer/Director/Executive Producer
John Carrozza - Executive Producer
Thordis Howard - Executive Producer/Wardrobe/Script Supervisor
Doug Prinzivalli - Executive Producer/Production Designer/Art Director
Jim Cannella - Producer
MJ Gardner - First A.D.
Gretchen Warthen - Director of Photography
Rich Mikan - Editor
Alex Steen - Sound
Austen Hoogen - Lighting
Bret Silverman - Original Music
Penny Peyrot - Hair
Ricky Flores - Makeup
Katie McGlynn - WardrobeBlayne & Sharon Northington - Wardrobe
Augustus Ceccucci - Production Assistant
Michael Coulombe - Assistant Script Supervisor
Anthony DeCapite - Production Assistant
Kieran Kenney - Production Assistant
Laura Kessler - Set Dresser
Nicole Opyr - Set Dresser
Tim Sheridan - Production Assistant
David Spell - Behind the Scenes
Clair and Jim Tsui - Still Photographers
Veronica Zoleta - Behind-The-Scenes Photographer